One of my lecturers today suggested that as undergraduates, we should really have formed the basis of our research interests; we should have at least established some guidelines that we can work from, to further refine our knowledge of literature. From this point onwards in our education, we will be starting to specialize. So I thought I’d make a shortlist, and see what my interests are.
Authors and Critics
- Oscar Wilde; my favourite author.
- Jacques Derrida, my favourite French critic.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky; he’s a beautiful comparison with Wilde.
- Aestheticism and decadence.
- Postmodernism and deconstruction.
- 19th century Russian literature.
- A love of British history.
- Fascination with the First and Second World Wars.
- Harry Potter.
- British sitcoms.
- A love of buying home-wares.
- Walking around hilly places, and watching sunrises and sunsets. General rambling about.
- Trips to museums.
- Travel. Anywhere, everywhere.
I can’t think of my other quirks and interests at the moment, but I’m sure I’ll put some thought into it as time goes on. I always wonder what other people are interested in, and how different their ideas are. Hope you liked the list!